A few random thoughts I have had this week.
- The conversation I have had the most as an adult is as follows: “Excuse me.” “Oh no, you’re fine.” I have been on both ends of that conversation. Usually at the grocery store, often multiple times in the same visit.
- Enough with the glitter already. Avoid the temptation this season and save whoever opens your gift a lot of bother. Sure it’s fun to look at, but it’s a pain in the butt. Kind of like TicTok.
- Why is it called “The Great British Bake Off” in England but “The Great British Baking Show” here in America? Follow up: Why do I care?
- Most “cat people” are fine with dogs, but a lot of “dog people” really, really, really hate cats. I mean, like, H-A-T-E cats, to the point of wishing them harm. Why is that?
- This whole flavored candy cane thing has gone too far. If I get a candy cane I expect peppermint, that’s it. I was tolerant when some other flavors started creping in, like cinnamon, or chocolate, or chocolate-peppermint for that matter. I turned a blind eye to the Life Savers and Starburst companies making their own multiflavored canes. However, I was recently informed that there are new flavors like mac and cheese, dill pickle and, get ready-kale flavored candy canes. We gotta chill y’all. Some things are best left alone. Back to peppermint, please.
- I bet if he really tried Peter Jackson could do a project that has only one part and clocks in under three hours. I know he did so in the past with his early horror films but he hasn’t been able to do so for some time. It would take some focus but I believe in him.
- The technical terms involved in glass blowing have incredibly dirty double meanings, but I shan’t elaborate.
- In the past 24 hours, the temperature has gone from 61 degrees down to 28(!) and back up to 59 degrees. This is why I am not a fan of autumn in this part of the country-it can’t get its act together weather-wise. Sure, Autumn is fun to look at, but it’s a pain in the butt. Kind of like Tic Tok.
- Watched a documentary on the movie “Elf”. I didn’t realize that it was directed by John Favreau. I only know him from his association with the MCU. For those unfamiliar, he’s the guy who plays Happy Hogan in the Iron Man/Spider Man films. So Happy directed Elf. That makes me happy. Except I didn’t direct anything. Because I’m happy, not Happy. You know what, skip it. Never mind.
- I love Christmas decorations. I always wait until the day after Thanksgiving, but I enjoy seeing them go up all over town, and if other people want to do it earlier that’s okay with me. The decorations at my house are somewhat humble via comparison to a lot of what you see. I think there’s more stuff inside now than out, but y’know, I actually look at what is inside more often, so why not? Anyway, my yard has a few small inflatables and there is a simple strand of lights on our porch and through the bushes. A few of my neighbors go all out though, which I appreciate and think is awesome. I’d love to join them, but I just can’t see me doing so. I simply don’t have the patience. I mean, when I think about all the hours of work these people put in, it’s just too much for me. Sure, it would be fun to look at, but it’s a pain in the butt. Kind of like Tik Toc.
Okay, that’s all I’ve got for today. that’s pretty much what it’s like to spend an extended weekend in my brain, which is not really recommended. I do it so you don’t have to. Christmas stuff next week. See you then.
Oh, and sorry for running that joke into the ground. The “Comedy Rule of Three” is in effect here. But to be honest I don’t know that it worked. Sure, it was funny at first, but it wound up being a pain in the butt. Kind of like MonDAVEs.
What, you were expecting a different punchline?
Seriously though, thanks for reading. Please come back next week when I promise to be more coherent.